Rabbi Steven Abraham graduated from the rabbinical school at the Jewish Theological Seminary in May of 2011, where he also received a Masters of Arts in Jewish Education. Before attending JTS, the rabbi graduated from the University of Baltimore with a degree in Business Management. While in rabbinical school, Rabbi Abraham served as an intern at Congregation Beth Shalom in Chicago, as well as at Congregation Habonim in New York. For years, he was actively involved with USY, from his time as a participant in high school, to his service as a group leader for numerous summer programs, and in his current position as director of USY on Wheels.
Rabbi Abraham came to Beth El as Assistant Rabbi in July of 2011 with his wife Shira and baby girl Naama. Rabbi Abraham was named Beth El’s congregational Rabbi in August of 2013. The congregation celebrated the arrival of his son Leor in February of 2014.
Click here to contact Rabbi Abraham.
Rabbi Abraham’s Blog
Free dinner on November 1, click below to register.
- What Does it Mean to Be Holy? – Kol, June/July 2019
- Shabbat B’Yachad: Beth El’s Newest Prayer Experience – Kol, April 2019
- Opening our Minds to the Beauty and Possibility of Having Faith – Kol, February 2019
- An Ethical Will for My Children – Kol, November/December 2018
- Hachnasat Orchim – Jewish Press, November 9, 2018
- Message from Rabbi Abraham about The Tree of Life Shooting – Email to congregants, October 28, 2018
- Reassessing our Priorities for the New Year – Kol, September 2018
- The Blessing of Having A Daily Minyan – Kol, JuneJuly 2018
- Introducing our Teens to AIPAC – Kol, April 2018
- Seeing Israel through the Eyes of our Teens – Kol, February 2018
- The Struggle of Mental Illness – Kol, NovemberDecember 2017 & Kol Nidre
- Making Beth El a More Inclusive Community – Kol, August 2017
- A Weekend with the Authors of JewAsian – Kol, May 2017
- Complete the Story of your Loved Ones – Kol, March 2017
- The Blessing of Jewish Ritual – Kol, November-December 2016
- Rosh Hashanah 5777: Celebrating the Birthday of the World – Kol, October 2016
- Community, Meaningfulness & Matisyahu – Kol, August 2016
- Siddur Lev Shalem – A New Siddur for A New Day – Kol, May 2016
- Creating a Culture of Radical Hospitality – Kol, March 2016
- Let the Journey Begin – Kol,December 2015
- An Inclusive Israel – Kol, October 2015
- The Three Weeks – Kol, July-August 2015
- A Time to Reflect – Kol, April 2015
- The Ritual of Lighting the Hanukiyah – Kol, November-December 2014
- Agree or Disagree with Israel…Apathy is Not an Option! – Kol, Summer 2014
- Our Continued Redemption – Kol, April 2014
- New Cemetery Policy Approved – Kol, February 2014