A. Volunteer work
(Complete one or more of the activities below for a total of 30 hours)
- BESTT (Teacher’s aide without pay or a special project)
- Assist at Junior Congregation a minimum of 10 times per year.
If arrival at the main service is 9:30 am, credit will be given for Shabbat services as well. Otherwise please arrive by 10:00 am.*
If you continue to tutor at Junior Congregation, you will begin receiving your salary after the 10 weeks. Please make arrangements with Eadie in advance if this is your plan.
- Madrich/madricha for Kibbutz Chaverim/Kadima activities. You will receive one hour per event. This does not include the Shul-In or Shabbaton.
- Lead services at the Rose Blumkin Jewish Home.
B. Participation at Beth El Synagogue Services
- Chant Torah (2 times per year)
- Chant Haftarah (1 time per year) especially on your anniversary!
- Conduct portions of the Shabbat evening or morning service (2 times per year—check with Hazzan Krausman to see what qualifies)
- Assist Junior Congregation (a minimum of 5 times per year)*
- Plan and run a program at the Shul-In or Shabbaton
Madrich/Madricha for Grade 3-7 overnight
- Plan and run Last Day of School activities
- Other (with the approval and permission of advisor)
* Hours will count for either A3 or B4 but not both.