Complete one activity in Consultation with Advisor. You cannot do the same project 2 years in a row. You must choose a different project each year.
- Research Paper on Jewish topic of student’s interest (3 typed, double-spaced pages, including at least 3 outside references.) The work submitted must demonstrate an extended amount of effort, no grammatical errors or typographical errors.
- Book Report on approved Jewish book (at least 200 pages in length). The length of the report should be at least two typed pages double-spaced. (This may not be a previously submitted project for public high school or for Beth El Synagogue High School of Jewish Studies.)
- Prepare and answer a 50-Question Quiz on one book from Prophets or Writings, citing verse and line. (The first five Books of Moses are not permitted.)
- Prepare and present a D’var Torah for either the adult congregation on Shabbat evening or morning, or a USY Shabbat event. (See the guidelines for writing a D’var Torah.) A D’var Torah presented prior to a regular USY meeting would also qualify. Rabbi Abraham will act as mentor for a D’var Torah.
- Jewish Cultural Arts Project
a. compose a musical selection
b. write a poem, short story, essay, etc.
c. choreograph a dance
d. draw a painting/picture
e. create a sculpture
f. create a video of Jewish interest
g. prepare an activity for a Shul-In or Shabbaton and facilitate the activity. (Eadie will act as mentor for lesson plans.)
h. other (with advisor’s approval)
- If you have accumulated 50 or more verified volunteer hours from this school year, you may write up an evaluation of your experience, what it meant to you to complete it and the impact it had on others (two pages, type written, double spaced).
- Technology submission. You may develop a computer program of a Jewish nature or one that could be used in the religious school such as a game or quiz. Any project requiring technology for its presentation must be field tested at least one week prior to the presentation to avoid the possibilities of technical failure.
- Participate in the B’nai Brith Bible Contest and answer 3 questions correctly. The Bible Quiz will be held on December 3, 2017 at 1:30 pm at the JCC.
All submissions must be turned in electronically and with a hard copy. so that the evaluation committee will be able to preview the entries prior to the evaluation meeting.